Tuesday, April 3, 2018

NaPoWriMo - Untitled Reflection




It is darkest before the dawn
my space is warmed by soft light 
sounds and scents 
rendered sweet
there is comfort here
of care
a willingness 
to practice what supports
instead of distracts

it is a place
a state of being
that I share 
with a minion of thoughts
all vying for my attention

it is ok
I do not mind
I like company at the table

as my words wake
bit by bit
with every stretch
scratch 
and scrawl

the darkness 
makes my windows
a mirror
 so instead of seeing outside
I see myself
as I am sitting here
but the image is transparent
spiritlike
ephemeral

she rests her face in her hand and looks back at me
 accepting we are one

the streets are flooding
 with the sounds of rain soaked roadways
and early commuters rolling
 through the intersection
 of night and day

it is the urban ocean wave
crashing on the sidewalk shore
without rhythm
or pattern

only the continuation
as they come

like moments
the breath
and being

we are here together
waiting for the sun
as the earth turns over
in her bed

towards the start 
of a new fresh day


Jenny Astramowicz is a writer, poet and aspiring wellness coach.  She resides in San Francisco where she works at the local university and trains for endurance events.  Her long term dream is to live in France with her two cats.
Not all who wander are lost...
#OctPoWriMo  #NaPoWriMo #NaNoWriMo #Poetsonthepage

Find her on  Google +  Twitter Instagram
You can read her poetry at https://zwabisabi.blogspot.com


1 comment: