Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Poetry Prompts Day 26 - OctPoWriMo 2016

My dear poetic friends,
First off, let me apologize to those of you eagerly awaiting the prompt on Sunday. UNDOUBTEDLY, something went wrong on my end and I let it get by me. My husband and I spent the weekend continuing with cleanup and inventory for insurance after Hurricane Matthew. Things are still nowhere near back to "normal" (whatever that is), but we have shelter, food, transportation, and each other. I am blessed. 

Now on to today's prompt!

Image by John Hain
What does "abandonment" mean to you? The above image shows it as a negative cycle. I can tell you that as an adoptee, I deal with abandonment issues all the time. However, there are ways to view this word in a positive way. There is a group on Facebook that is dedicated to spreading joy around the world through free art. Check out the Art Abandonment public group, if you're interested in sharing your own art!



Word Prompts:
abandonment
desertion
relinquished
left
disbanded

Suggested Poetic Form: Perhaps an Epitaph would be a fun way to look at this word!

Music For Your Muse: 

Kelly Clarkson - Piece by Piece


Five Finger Death Punch - Diary of a Deadman

During OctPoWriMo, if you want to make sure that we know you have written something new, comment in that day's post with your link to your blog and/or share your link on Twitter with the hashtag, #OctPoWriMo.
If you would like to leave an active link in the comments:

<a href = "your link">your title</a>

You have to put the link to your post (same link you would put in the comment section) in the, "your link" space within the quotations and the title to your post in the, your title, space.

Our link would look like this:

<a href="https://poetsonthepage.blogspot.com/">OctPoWriMo</a>

Once you hit publish on your comment it would look like this (only with the name of your post):

OctPoWriMo

I hope that helps. You don't have to do this, it is only if you would like to make your link an active link.

Remember to visit two or more OctPoWriMo participants and leave encouraging and supportive words along the way.

I wish you words,
Amy McGrath

14 comments:

  1. Another post for Day 26 #OctProWriMo. Abandonment. https://ramblingsofawriter2016.com/2016/10/26/octprowrimo-day-26-english-tanka-poem-prompt-abandonment/

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're going back to "normal" :)
    https://ladyleemanila.wordpress.com/2016/10/26/poetry-prompts-day-26-octpowrimo-2016-abandonment/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let the 'normal' return with joy. I'm still trying to catch up, though the only hurricane here seems one of our own making. Abandonment

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things can get back to normal for you very soon. In some ways, our family still has not recovered from Hurricane Hugo, way back in 1989. But, in the midst of the car accident the hurricane caused, we had a miracle happen. It still makes me smile. :)

    Here is my post for Day 26:
    OctPoWriMo Day 26.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying to catch up amidst a turmoil of activities , posting for all the days missed :-)

    Glad to know that things are getting back to normal , have a blessed day :-)

    http://amritapauls.blogspot.in/2016/10/the-night.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news that Matthew's effects are lessening for you and yours! I was adopted today so this was somewhat loaded for me.

    you-left/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure how pleased I am with my post today but here it is Empty Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mine is much more lighthearted than the prompt seems to call for: I Am Done For.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, I want to say that my thoughts are with you as you sort out what you need from Matthew. Second, I trust you are plowing through it all quickly.

    Here is Day 26. I used the literal sense of the word abandonment, but, hopefully, put a small light hearted spin.

    Left Out in the Cold

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad things are settling down for you. Here's my post for today.

    Abandonment

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Post for this day

    https://thoughtsandentanglements.wordpress.com/2016/10/26/shapes-heart/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Catching up! Days 26 and 27 are here: http://biancasbookblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/octpowrimo-days-26-and-27.html

    ReplyDelete