Saturday, September 5, 2015

Poetry Tip 5 - Mood Swings and Writing

Photo & quote by Morgan Dragonwillow
Tamara talked about Free Your Emotions on Thursday, I tend to have the opposite problem. Usually when I'm angry everyone knows it. Sometimes I tell myself I am too angry, sad, or depressed to write poetry. I think, "How can I possibly write when I feel like this?" But when I allow myself to sit down and write everything I am feeling, my poetry becomes clear and intense.

Strong emotions can transfer onto the page.

Of course you don't want to have a, "tear someone apart" type rant, it isn't meant to get even with someone, it is to help you work through it and take your poetry to the next level.

Poetry Tip 5:


Next time you are feeling strong emotions and don't think you can show up on the page, show up anyway. You never know what gems are waiting for you to experience through poetry.

Books:


Periodically I like to check out the Top 100 in Poetry on Amazon and see what is trending. You can also see the Top 100 Free in Poetry.

And an Article: How Poetry Can Improve Your Writing Craft

What about you, do your moods keep you away from the page?


25 Days until OctPoWriMo!
PageLines- picture20193.jpgMorgan Dragonwillow is a poet, author, foodie, urban gardener, and recovering perfectionist, that (mostly) doesn't let her fears get in the way of her passion for writing and creating. She is team leader at @StoryDam, creatrix of  #OctPoWriMo You can find her Playing with Words on her blog. She lives in Marietta, Ga. with her loving and patient partner, their dog that thinks she's a princess, and the cat that reminds her that she isn't.
You can also find her on Google+

Make sure you sign up to receive our updates, tips and prompts to share in all the poetry fun!


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment