Thursday, October 9, 2014

OctPoWriMo Day 9 - Do I Have to Do This?







“Do I have to do this?”


I can hear myself asking this of a person in authority.


“Because I don’t want to do this.”


I can hear myself saying this in my mind and not to a person in authority.


We are waltzing toward the center of October and OctPoWriMo and you’ve been writing poetry for a while and you may be visiting and commenting and tweeting and wondering why you continue to bother anyway because no one seems to notice, or no one “gets” poetry anyway or you aren’t going to get rich quick writing poetry so why do you insist on continuing with this challenge?


Today’s prompt is all about why you are choosing to continue to write poetry now.


Scoop up any aspects of the prompting above and below and tell me, tell us, tell your next door neighbor - yes, you may even shout it from the rooftops why you are continuing to write poetry daily.


Phrase prompts:

Stay the course


Keep on keeping on


Because… just because

(or add your own similar phrase in the comments, please...)

Word Prompt

Continue

Tenacious

Stubborn

Willpower

(or add your own similar word prompt in the comments, please...)

Image Prompt (or use the image above)


Bonus Prompt:

Imagine you are writing a poem to someone who is about to stop writing poetry. Write to them and give them your best wisdom on continuing with the challenge.

Now: Write Your Poem for Day 9:

1 comment:

  1. I'm not really good at describing how I feel, but the prompt turned out to be an inspiration to write about what's going on for me at the moment. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete