Thursday, April 3, 2014

A to Z Poetry Word Prompts - C is for Classic

Welcome to day 3 of NaPoWriMo and the A to Z poetry challenge! Join in the fun even if today is your first day joining us. We're glad you're here!

 Image by Michael Drummond

A to Z Poetry Word Prompt

Classic: What comes to mind for you when you think of a classic? Is it an old car or motorcycle? Is it a favorite song from days gone by? Use a classic to inspire today's poem.


 Image by Johnny Dod

Are you participating in the A to Z Challenge? 

To learn more and to read some of the work of the participants visit the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge or click on the image below. 

7 comments:

  1. How about classic television shows like Little House on the Prairie or Bonanza? The former being a big inspiration for my writing.

    Hope you'll visit me at http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2014/04/blogging-from-to-z-april-challenge-c.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge fan of Little House! When I was a child, the book series was my escape, then when the TV series came along I wrote a fan letter (the one and only fan letter I've ever written) and received an autographed photo of the cast! What a great source of classic material! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Classic cars, classic books, classic rock:

    Riding in a '57 Chevy,
    Reading Huckleberry Finn,
    Rocking to All Along the Watchtower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done the classic ride and the classic reading. I've listened to some classic rock, but that song doesn't immediately come to mind. Time for some music research on my part!

      I think these three lines together might be a great start to a poem!

      Delete
  3. P.S. Don't try that at home (unsafe).

    ReplyDelete
  4. classic films come to mind like Casablanca, Leave Her to Heaven and Lost Horizon:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent source material! A poem from the point of view of any of the characters in those films or perhaps from the actor's perspective playing the role... great idea!

      Delete