Monday, February 24, 2014

Poetry Prompt - Open Road

This time of year a lot of people are getting cabin fever from being indoors most of the winter and thinking about where they want to go for a quick getaway. I am no different, though our weather has been greatly improved and conducive to going outside I have been stuck indoors for awhile.

Photo by Larisa Koshkina
Poetry Prompt: What mystery lies waiting on the open road and where would you like it to take you? Write for ten minutes about the open road and/or about mystery.

Poetry type: Acrostic - I love the acrostic form of poetry. One of my favorite things to do is to pick a word from the dictionary and create an acrostic poem out of it. Try it and see where it leads your words on the page.

Here is my last acrostic poem:

Mouths open
Yearning to
Speak the
Truth abandoned
Emancipated words
Randomly taken
Yield freedom

Word Prompt: Mystery


No comments:

Post a Comment