Thursday, February 13, 2014

Poetry Prompt: February Mini Challenge Day 4 - Life Happens and We Write Poetry

This is an actual view from my recliner when I was sick last Spring. 
Life happens.                                                                                                                                           

Kids get sick.

Mommies follow them.

Today, fresh from the doctor's office, Emma makes jokes about her health. My tonsil is invading the world taking it all in one strep at a time! Seriously, she laughed. The doctor is concerned about her breathing being compromised and she, my Emma, laughs.

So - here is a completely different prompt after many different prompts this week.

I was revisiting one of my favorite books about writing poetry - The Discovery of Poetry by Frances Mayes. - today, and was reminded how many poets were (and are) sickly.

Today, write a poem about being sickly yourself or about someone you care about being sick.

I am adding some quotes from John Keats as further inspiration, in case you are stumped, or if you want to see how much beauty he was able to create when he died at only 25.

"Health is my expected heaven."

"Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter."

"The poetry of the Earth is never dead."

Are you ready to write your poem?

I think you are....

As always, grateful to read your words -

Life happens....we write poetry....


No comments:

Post a Comment